Thursday, March 5, 2009

Here it is!

I finally got a decent picture of my sweater during daylight hours.



If I look a little tired, it's because I am; the munchkin has not been sleeping well as of late, so of course, neither have I. Anyway, I also had to get the required picture of the back of the sweater, imitating the cover of the book that the pattern came from (as observed by many Ravelry project pages for the sweater) I didn't get it exact, but close enough:


I have more pictures of some of the little details on my Ravelry page (username houseywifey), if you happen to have an account.

It seems that when signs of spring begin to appear, I grow tired of my knitting and instead have the urge to sew. There's something so spring-like about working with fresh, clean-smelling cottons and a needle and thread. But, I did finally finish my Uptown Boot Socks from "Favorite Socks", using Lion Brand Sock-Ease, in Taffy:



Super, super comfy. I was nervous about that yarn when I bought it, but I loved the colorway. It felt a little scratchy, and it took a little getting used to when I first started to knit with it. But once I got going, I fell in love with it - and on my feet it isn't scratchy at all.

Now, if you can believe it, I don't have any projects on knitting needles, unless you want to count the lace doily that I started around Christmas time that has been hiding in my nightstand drawer ever since. It's okay, I'm sure I'll start another knitting project soon. Don't go feeling my forehead and calling the doctor or anything. Like I said, the sewing bug has got me. Here's what I've been working on:

Jon's quilt in UW Husky colors that I've been working on for, what, 6 or 7 years now? I'm not sure. I've lost track. I'm going to finish it this year though. I mean it.



And these pretty little shapes in repro 30's fabrics are the hexagons and pentagons that will make up a stuffed ball for Owen to kick around:



The pattern is in "Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing," by Anna Maria Horner, a gorgeous book that I came across online and just had to have. I mostly bought it for the pin cushion/sewing notions caddy pattern, but it also has several other projects that I am just dying to make. You will probably be hearing a lot about the stuff in this book from me this spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment