Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All Done!

I finally finished my sweater! Just in time to wear it to the wine party Saturday night. I don't have a picture of me wearing it yet (will probably get one on Saturday), but here it is being blocked:


(click to make larger)

Sorry for the poor quality. I took one before it with the flash, and it washed out all of the texture of the boxstitch pattern, so I took another one without the flash, which came out a little blury. Owen was in the process of waking up from his nap, so I was in too much of a hurry to do it properly with a tripod.

I sewed the buttons on today, and put it on, and there is one teensy-weensy problem. It's a little large. Just a little bit. I thought I blocked gently, but perhaps not gently enough. I was surprised to find this problem too, because it was actually a little snug before blocking. I'm going to try it on again with the shirt that I need to wear underneath (you can kind of see my bra through the large stitches otherwise) and see how it lays. If it still seems baggy, I'm just going to have to try reblocking it, maybe scrunching everything in a bit to try and make it smaller? I really have no idea what I am doing here because I have very little experience in blocking. I'm too lazy - but this sweater unfortunately required it because parts of it just weren't laying right beforehand.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment